Hypoallergenic Food

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a good website to order food from? Gypsy is on a hypoallergenic diet and buying from the vet all the time is getting really expensive.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is the name of it?

many hypo foods are VET only but with a RX can be ordered from several online places

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's using the science diet d/d right now. I've been debating getting a better brand for her. The vet only sells science diet. I was also told to look into Royal Cainin (I think that is the spelling)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Discuss it with the vet ... see they can order different RXs or help you with a otc if they are okay with that...

d/d if memory serves is egg based

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ali!

My Sam is allergic to everything, he can only eat z/d foods and they do get expensive, but a few weeks ago I typed into Google "cat allergy foods" and it gave me a list of the top 10 best foods for cats with allergies. I was able to access the ingredients list of every choice on the list, and able to buy only one (1) from the list, but it worked and Sam is good... he might develop an immunity of sorts to this food and then elevate again, going back on z/d, but it was a nice break for him and he's interested in food again.

bianca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I give my cat RC Hypoallergenic dryfood, and I highly recommend it.
He's doing better after a couple of weeks, he doesn't scratch himself bold anymore (still scratch but not that frequently), and the stool is more "textured" if I can call it that..

Good luck with your kitty!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bianca

I give my cat RC Hypoallergenic dryfood, and I highly recommend it.
He's doing better after a couple of weeks, he doesn't scratch himself bold anymore (still scratch but not that frequently), and the stool is more "textured" if I can call it that..

Good luck with your kitty!
I'm going to check that out, Bianca!