Hypoallergenic Cat Shampoo??

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
There are a number of TCS members who use a damp cloth (plain distilled water) to wipe down their cats daily. It doesn't require a full bath to reduce the dander.

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use pet wipes and run them over my long haired cat (maine coone mix) every other day or once a week if she's not shedding. Keeps her clean (sometimes she gets pee/poo on her furry butt) and keeps the flying hair down.

redcat57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use pet wipes and run them over my long haired cat (maine coone mix) every other day or once a week if she's not shedding. Keeps her clean (sometimes she gets pee/poo on her furry butt) and keeps the flying hair down.
We had an exceptionally furry girl that used to have that problem as well. If she ever had any cat box problems it was bath time for sure.

She came to us pregnant and we had to trim around her nipples because the nursing kittens made mats on her chest.

When she got less flexible in her senior years we used to clip the hair in back some to help her some.

Fortunately she didn't even mind being bathed. I filled the tub with water and got in with her. She would actually relax and float with me holding her up.

It isn't easy being a long hair sometimes.

sophiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I asked our vet what was good for shampooing the cats and she said Dawn detergent, the clear dish detergent, was the best for shampooing cats. Cleans fantastic and kills possibility of fleas on cats. My Sophie and Flower are indoor cats but the fleas seem to come in on people. We have a very sandy ground even though we have a lawn but this year has been terrible for fleas for everyone in Florida. Tried the pills, advantage 11, frontline, and Revolution. Brought them both to Alabama with me after applying Revolution again and they are flea free. Having apartment management treat my place for fleas before going home next week. Everyone keep your fingers crossed. The girls have never had fleas before and I hate seeing them deal with them.

Sophiegirl!

sophiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love the cat wipes. They are thick and soft for the girls but they hate to get bathed anyway. I used the wipes before and will definitely go back to them so I won't get scratched by Flower. Sophie doesn't have her front claws because of my taking a blood thinner. Flower was my daughter's cat and was not declawed and was an outside cat. She no longer goes outside.

sophiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with you about bathing cats. They are grooming themselves constantly and too much bathing will dry their skin and cause flaking.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might also want to visit your own doctor and see about getting shots that can help to desensitize you. I have a friend who manages his cat allergies this way. It's not a perfect solution, but it can help.

Margret