Hyperthyroidism Kitty Pulling Fur Out

Beejackers73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After 8 vet missing this hyperthyroidism I found one that ran the test and we got her on medication but she has started pulling her hair out, vet recommended prescription antidepressants and both had side effects that really bothered me and she wasn't eating as much. She is not over grooming she is physically taking huge clumps of hair and yanking them out. The vet says idodine treatment shouldn't be done because her levels were not high enough but her symptoms are bad. What do I do for the hair pulling please help? Natural treatment that have worked??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beejackers73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone tried the pet well being gold for hyperthyroidism

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't tried it, but the vet had no suggestions for the hair pulling?

Crazycatlady1974

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm curious on this one too. My Mater started basically plucking himself like a chicken this last couple weeks and I know it's not fleas I have picked through his fur myself trying to see if I was missing something. I put the sweater of shame on him to stop him and he just move to a different spot.

Beejackers73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it's allergy and bug season so I started by doing advantage multi she's also wearing a calming collar from sentry and her cat hair mowing has (knock on wood) went down to about once a day not all day. She likes the collar even purrs with it on and she's a handful most of the time, she even lets me put the transdermal creme without issue now. Can't say with which is helping, if it was or is the disease that causes the hair pulling, but I can say, I'm so glad she's better! I sleep much better at night knowing she's not plucking hair out. I hope this continues. Thanks

Beejackers73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm curious on this one too. My Mater started basically plucking himself like a chicken this last couple weeks and I know it's not fleas I have picked through his fur myself trying to see if I was missing something. I put the sweater of shame on him to stop him and he just move to a different spot.

Beejackers73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in the country and we have microscopic mites that eat us all up, so I know I have never saw a flea but those mites are crazy sneaky and get on all my fur babies and ride in the house.