Hyperthyroidism Experience?

catmando2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Out of curiosity, what side effects of felimezole did your cat experience? I'm currently dealing with a hyperthyroid/chf cat myself my cat though is confirmed a bad candidate for the chemo.
When my cat was on the standard dose (don't recall exactly how long from memory) I think about 2 weeks, outwardly he was doing fine (put on some weight back, hair was losing the oily look common with HT) and he was back towards his playful self. But then after my follow up visit to the vet to do a thyroid panel, the vet said his level was still to high so he doubled the dosage. After a few doses my cats eyes got all watery and I could see he was starting to lose his hair around his "eyebrow" area. I got concerned so when ahead and told the vet and he agreed to lower to dosage to 1.5x instead of 2x. Luckily for my cat, he wasn't on felimezole long as soon after, there was a cancellation at the cat hospital where I was able to get him in for the I-131 treatment. (He had to be off the felimezole for at least 14 days prior to the I-131, which was music to my ears).