Hyper Kitten, Opening? Spay Site

mkirby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got my 4 month old kitten spayed on Friday, as of today (Tuesday) it looks like her incision is starting to open near her "tattoo" spot. She seems to not care and every time I leave her alone in the bedroom she is jumping straight up onto the dresser. I had taken out the cat tree and put stairs up to the bed but just today she has started really wanting out of the bedroom and believes that from the dresser she can yell through the door better -_-. Does anyone have any advice on keeping kittens calm after surgery? How concerned should I be about the site? It has looked really clean and has had no swelling, but just today there is a little redness at the base of the incision and it looks like the glue has pulled away from the top. There is no redness or bleeding by the dye site opening, but I'm not sure if this is really something I need to be mindful of and get her to a vet ASAP for?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you given her a safe room? This can be any room in your house without excessive furniture or things she could get into like chemicals.

Also block access to the stairs.

Did you get a cone after she was fixed? It should stay on for about 12 days after the surgery.