HygeniCat Litter?

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First of all, Happy New Year, everyone!

I attended a cat show recently and was given a sample bag of HygeniCat Litter. The basic concept is that the granules are made from diatomaceous earth and is dust-free and low tracking. Like crystals, the poop gets scooped everyday and the granules are to be shaken and stirred around.

The pamphlet I have reads, "When some granules turn yellow, shake the litter box & stir them. When all the granules turn from white to yellow, replace the granules and get new litter."

I've had the bag for a couple of months now and haven't touched it, but really want to give it a try. If one bag really does last up to a month, that is so much more cost effective than the current litter my cats are using.

Has anyone heard anything or used this litter before? Can anyone think of any harms of using a litter made from diatomaceous earth? I'm just kind of worried that not being able to scoop the urine clumps everyday may put my cats off.

Thanks!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually pretty generous when claiming lasts up to X amount of time. Often people find it's less than that, and adding an extra cat, litter may only last 1-2 weeks depending on how often they use the tray.

If you have a bag, may as well try it.