Humping, Bloody Discharge

joujou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been humping and has a bloody discharge! I don't know what to do as I have tried the feliway spray and also the diffuser and nothing different..i pay more attention to him. I even gave him his own pillow box thinking it was a sexual thing but he has the "orgasm" only on my bed..i am so confused. I even took him to the vet thinking maybe something more serious..the vet said he has a bruised penis...lol...really?? so I took away the pillow trying to heal his 'package" but he still does it and it is bloody discharge...I am at my wits end..any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:

zoessential

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I gave my cat a pink, fluffy rabbit and he his happy to hump her and now he is hardly doing it at all.  He has never had bloody discharge though and if your vet is not doing anything I would go to another vet as this is not normal and could be a sign of some infection somewhere.  I have never tried to stop my cat from humping, it was just a problem because he was wanting to hump the other cats, but the pink rabbit stopped him bothering them.  I can't see that the humping is a problem if it is making him happy, but as I said a bloody discharge is not good; get another vet's opinion.  It might be an infection in his penis and that may be why he is humping because it is hurting him.  I don't know I'm not a vet, but please check it out with someone else.

Good luck.

Zoë

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My cat has been humping and has a bloody discharge! I don't know what to do as I have tried the feliway spray and also the diffuser and nothing different..i pay more attention to him. I even gave him his own pillow box thinking it was a sexual thing but he has the "orgasm" only on my bed..i am so confused. I even took him to the vet thinking maybe something more serious..the vet said he has a bruised penis...lol...really?? so I took away the pillow trying to heal his 'package" but he still does it and it is bloody discharge...I am at my wits end..any ideas??
Has he been neutered? That would be the kindest thing you could do for him. If your vet did not suggest this, you should get a new vet.