How Would You Describe Zenith?

Zenith and Aaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now I know that without papers we can't say what breed he is besides domestic.

All my friends and family though keep throwing around breeds that he looks like or what they think he looks like.

I'm not a cat expert by any means, but it would be interesting to know how to properly describe him.
1502143751396631552528.jpg

paulsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cute medium hair tabby
I like the distinct stripe going down the middle.
May be a bit of Maine Coon in him although he is on the small side

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zenith and Aaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cute medium hair tabby
I like the distinct stripe going down the middle.
May be a bit of Maine Coon in him although he is on the small side
How large do Maine Coons get? He is 20 pounds. Really packs a punch when he stands on your chest.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How large do Maine Coons get? He is 20 pounds. Really packs a punch when he stands on your chest.
Maine Coons and Norwegian Forests can edge up toward forty pounds, and can eclipse four feet in length. To be frank, I agree - I see the possibility of Maine Coon influence as well, particularly across the bridge of the nose and in the muzzle. He's an handsome fellow in every respect.

For perspective, my Norwegian Forest, Bob, now just barely (a fraction of an ounce) over 35 pounds, and not quite 44 inches nose to tail:

bob_scottiecat.jpg

Zenith and Aaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maine Coons and Norwegian Forests can edge up toward forty pounds, and can eclipse four feet in length. To be frank, I agree - I see the possibility of Maine Coon influence as well, particularly across the bridge of the nose and in the muzzle. He's an handsome fellow in every respect.

For perspective, my Norwegian Forest, Bob, now just barely (a fraction of an ounce) over 35 pounds, and not quite 44 inches nose to tail:

View attachment 191085
Yup, Z is tiny compared to Bob. Can Tabbies have a mixture of patterns? He has the "M" on the forehead, and the stripe turns to spots on his hind legs, then a perfectly striped racoon tail.
1502145761725655061021.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, Z is tiny compared to Bob. Can Tabbies have a mixture of patterns? He has the "M" on the forehead, and the stripe turns to spots on his hind legs, then a perfectly striped racoon tail.View attachment 191086
Absolutely, in fact the Tabby patterns often overlap owed to Incomplete Dominance. Spotted and Mackerel together aren't terribly uncommon, and as with Zenith, they make for incredibly interesting visuals.

Zenith and Aaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Absolutely, in fact the Tabby patterns often overlap owed to Incomplete Dominance. Spotted and Mackerel together aren't terribly uncommon, and as with Zenith, they make for incredibly
Mackerel is how you're describing the stripes?

Zenith and Aaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He seems a combination of Broken Mackerel and Spotted from here. A good ID chart:

If only he'd sit still. Thanks to your chart I'd say he's all Broken Mackerel, just with a very thick black stripe. Wonder where that comes from.

EDIT: He's sitting like a goof. It needed a picture.
15021473377771240064383.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, wow he is beautiful! I think some Maine Coon influence is certainly possible with this guy! I agree with your assessment, he looks like a broken mackeral tabby to me.