How To treat injury inside cats ear?

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had cats all my life and currently I have a challenge.
my diabetic cat, fluffy, has been striggluñing with a small injury inside herear in that pocket flappy part. We have been to the vet and bear with me because it might be a big long.
1- over a month and a half
Ago I saw fluffy scratch her ear and silly me I didn’t trim her back nails so she made a cut on that inner curl part at the base of the ear. As is a touch location I cleaned it my best and went thinking all is fine. As the days went by the blood cleaned became a bit more weird and dark, that progressed to her scratching her ear more and re opening the wound and them...bad smell. Ok, so when all the states were going on lock down I was rushing her to the vet. She was diagnosed with 2 diff bacteria in her ears and I was given an ear wash to do once a day for 3 weeks, (trizedta aqueous). Cool, I did the wash for 4 weeks as she was getting better but there was still a
Bit of punk funk coming up from that curly cartiñedge area where her wound was. I stopped at 4 weeks because I didn’t wanted to go too much over the vets indication but I wanted to clear as much of the wound to give it a good chance to be gone. All great, smell gone, she her ear looked great, no scratching. 4 days went by and I see her scratching again. I check, I see the wound has been re opened. I clean a
Bit normally, 2 days later the same
Process had started
to repeat and I could smell faintly the same thing. So here is my problem.
1- I re started the washes, in the hopes that it helps, it obviously did before but I need to heal that wound in the swirly cartiñedge part of ear and I don’t know how. Any suggestion?
2- would re start the washes be dangerous in some way to her health? Any kind of help, suggestions, etc would be great!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you call the vet and ask? Vets and their staff are essential employees so the office will be open. The vet may ask you to restart the ear wash again or have other suggestions for you besides bringing your cat in.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After asking your vet, you could apply some triple antibiotic or something the vet could prescribe that is stronger. she would be unable to ingest a lot of it with normal cleaning and I have used it often on my cat's injuries. Just make sure it is the kind with NO pain relievers in it that is so common now.