How to tell...

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do you tell if a cat has trust issues?

I think mine does because it constantly wants to sit our stomachs.Its nice,but too much of it can be disrupting.

It even leads to digestive issues.We have toys etc...

"OoBoo" was abandoned by her previous owner,and i think maybe she feels that we will do the same,even though we never would.

I just want to know a way to fortify the trust,without being constipated :)

Thanks.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's understandable.  Wouldn't you have your guard up if you were her?  I am sure she is trying to show love but cats remember and it takes them time to trusts.  Still, part of them may always remember what it was like to be discarded like a piece of trash.  Give her time, patience and love.  She'll come around.  Also, ask her vet about some relief for her stressed tummy. 

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hahaha looks like the op was misunderstood.

I think it is very nice your kitty likes to plop on you. Mine has an annoying habit of stomping on my breasts which hurts a great deal or she, like yours, flops on my tummy when I am on the computer and I can't type. My lovable kitty has no problem if I gently try to get up and or start to move to do what I need to do.She simply gets up and goes to lay somewhere else.

So if you feel the need to use the bathroom- it is especially important to not put it off- just start to fidget and kitty will get the idea.  In regards to trust issues I think your cat clearly trusts you or they would not be lying on you.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

She's not lying on you to stop you from going away.. She just wants to be with you.
  Mine do it a lot.  And the kneading thing.

How long have you had her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We,ve had her a year.

I want a way to make her tame...not too tame ,just tame enough for her to enjoy being petted by us.

We,re trying to get a big enough cat scratching post because the others have failed.Maybe that will help tame her,but i,m open to any suggestions.

Haven,t read it yet but i have this good book,called the "Cat Whisperer",as an Epub file.I think that book could help a lot of people here,but am not sure how to post it,or if its already been posted.

Thanks for the reply.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So she sits on you, but won't let you pet her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes.She sits on us,and wont let us pet her.sometimes she will for a few seconds,then gets excited,and will attempt to scratch or bite,then we stop petting,and either play or chill out.

I guess she is trying to dominate?