How To Tell If My Kitten Has A Little Savannah In Him

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

I have an almost 7 month old male orange tabby who is coming in at about 9.5 lbs. He isn't fat he is just a big boy. He has very large ears that we thought he would grow into and long legs. He loves to jump onto the counters and even likes to get up on top of the fridge. His crate mate that we adopted at the same time and is the same age is only about 6 lbs. She is no where near being able to make it to the counter tops. He is super playful and love to play fetch. He doesn't have the coloring of a savannah since he is all orange, but he is so big for his age and has some similar personality traits that I am curious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

I have an almost 7 month old male orange tabby who is coming in at about 9.5 lbs. He isn't fat he is just a big boy. He has very large ears that we thought he would grow into and long legs. He loves to jump onto the counters and even likes to get up on top of the fridge. His crate mate that we adopted at the same time and is the same age is only about 6 lbs. She is no where near being able to make it to the counter tops. He is super playful and love to play fetch. He doesn't have the coloring of a savannah since he is all orange, but he is so big for his age and has some similar personality traits that I am curious.
IMG_20180107_130653_150.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s so cute! I love his creamy orange coloring. You’re right, he doesn’t have the Savannah markings. With his big ears, pronounced muzzle, and long legs, he looks like he might have some Oriental influence. He also looks quite similar to an Arabian Mau, but unless you live in the Middle East, those cats are extremely rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! haha I guess he is just a big sweet tabby. He was a rescue so we don't know much about his background