How to tell if cat is in pain?

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Sierra went to vet today and they think she might have stomachist. We are trying some antibiotics and just one does she act more like herself while after she was done being cranky from said appointment.

I haven't given her pain meds because I'm not seeing pain. I mean she growling at the dog but she also encouraging him to come near the kennel same with hissing. So that normal game between Brady and while all the cats.

She also wanted hard food tonight even though she had wet food. I don't want to give her the pain meds if she doesn't need since it is as needed and I got very little of it.

So yeah what are some signs to look out for?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats don't show pain until it's really bad. You might see a reluctance to eat or even move very much. Some cats will crouch in a hunched posture and have squinty eyes. It would be best to give some pain medicine now for comfort.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd give her the pain meds, then watch her for a few hours. If she seems more relaxed, then it's working, and continue it as directed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats don't show pain until it's really bad. You might see a reluctance to eat or even move very much. Some cats will crouch in a hunched posture and have squinty eyes. It would be best to give some pain medicine now for comfort.
I may give her some before bed she seems pretty good right now actively seeking attention and playing (if teasing the dog can be considered playing) if she keeps improveing like this and remains responsive to her name I might be talked into letting her lose sooner then the seven days she on antibiotics since she being kenneled right now and has been since Tuesday because she hide for three days on me. Tonight the first time she responded to her name

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, good! Just make sure she gets all of the antibiotic, although I'm probably preaching to the choir, here.