How to keep my cats off the oven?

Allyskits

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got a new oven, it small and not build in and gets very hot on top. I've already seen them get on top of it and I don’t want to see them get hurt because of it. So I’m looking for ways to either keep them off or just for ways to make it less hot so they won’t burn themselves.
Like maybe some sort of textured Matt that could go on top of an oven that they don’t like to keep them off.
Or would it be possible to put a tile on top of my oven since tiles are usually pretty heat resistent and can work as insulators. The air vents are on the side not on the top. So it wouldn’t be blocking off any airflow.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you mean a stove? I can't seem to picture a freestanding normal type oven but it's probably too early :sleep2: Can you post a picture of the oven so we can better come up with suggestions?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m guessing you mean this microwave sized ovens? If so, there are some heat resistant silicon mats, maybe they would help.
Something like this:

Lucky Plus Silicone Pot Mat for Countertop Trivet Pads Heat Resistant Table Placemats 4 Pack,Size:7.5x7.5 Inch, Color: Black, Shape:Square

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have wood stoves and while our cats LOVE the fire and warmth, I have NEVER seen them jump up on any of the stoves. Not even during summer...And they tend to get up on everything else.
I just assumed it was a trial and error deal and once was all it took?