How To Get Out Urine (spray) Odor

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I brought in a new male cat. I did all the proper introductions,etc. All was well except with one of my other younger male cats. He started spraying the floor length curtains in one room. Also pretty much everything else left in that room - boxes, cloth bags, etc. I am writing for suggestions on how to get the odor out of the curtains, the wood floor and the carpet.

I have been told to try white vinegar or Nature's Miracle. Has anyone used these products? With what results? Any other suggestions?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Anything fabric related can be treated successfully with "The Equalizer" (Amazon.com). Saturation is not needed as is required with Nature's Miracle. Boxes - uh, they gotta go. Sorry.

BTW - if they are not neutered, do so. Will help immensely.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need an enzyme cleaner and to let it really saturate where he has sprayed. The only things I have had trouble getting the odor out of was a plastic bottomed bath mat and a very plush cat bed. I used Nature's Miracle; but there are other enzyme cleaners on the market. I bought a blacklight flashlight on Amazon for about $10 to help me look for anything I missed. One of my girls is on a diuretic an has occasional accidents; so I figured it was a good thing to have on hand.