How To Get Litterbox Stain Out Of Pale Carpet.

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! It's been a while! Okay, so I have this problem, and I'm unsure of how to fix it. We recently got a new cat (he's a tonkinese, and 10 years old), and as part of the introductory period, we had him in the spare bedroom for a while. His litterbox was also in there. On one of these days, he had an accident, and I had to use my carpet steamer to clean up the mess. I then put his litterbox back, and went on my way. A few days later, I go back to clean out his box and realise the bottom (outside) of the box was wet, and I look down and I ser a dark blue stain (the colour of his litterbox, which is plastic) is now where the box sat. The carpet must've still been damp when I put his litterbox back. I thought I could shampoo it out with my shampooer, so I tried that. Twice. It didn't work. I Then though good old water and some dish soap would help. Nope. I've tried getting on my hands and knees to scrub, and that didn't work either. The only option I have left is to try a tiny bit of bleach, but the house is a rental, and I don't really wanna try anything that could damage the carpet. My question is, has this happened to any of you guys? Am I doomed to have a stain on the carpet, or is there a way to get the stain out? Thanks for reading!

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow so sorry this happened to you i haven't had that problem myself i keep my kitties box in the bathroom on the linoleum i just read your thread and wanted to see if i could hooefully help. Have you tried the product they call oxi clean? Its a product that i use in my laundry but it says you can use it on carpets and its suppose to remove tough stains on carpets to i would try that and hopefully it works for you. Good luck and keep me posted and let me know if it works for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Huh. A laundry detergent on carpets? In theory it could work, cause it cleans fibers, which is essentially what carpet is too. Hmm. Well that's an idea I nevet would've thought of. I might poke around the laundry aisle and see what there is when I next go out...thanks so much for the idea!:rock:

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They do make a oxi clean laundry detergent but the stuff you need to grab is in a medium sized jar its a powder you have to read the back of the jar to see how much you will need basically you add water to it and it makes a carpet spray i would test it in an area where its not ro visible first just to make sure its not gonna bleach the carpet so to speak it shouldnt but i would do a test first just in case lol. You may have to leave it on for a bit since the stain may have set in the fibers for a bit but good luck let me know if it works for ya. And your very much welcome i am so glad this site exists it helps out in so many ways there are so many caring people on here its awesome to have people to turn to especially when your stressing about something about the fur babies and ao many people are willing to help.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They do make a oxi clean laundry detergent but the stuff you need to grab is in a medium sized jar its a powder you have to read the back of the jar to see how much you will need basically you add water to it and it makes a carpet spray i would test it in an area where its not ro visible first just to make sure its not gonna bleach the carpet so to speak it shouldnt but i would do a test first just in case lol. You may have to leave it on for a bit since the stain may have set in the fibers for a bit but good luck let me know if it works for ya. And your very much welcome i am so glad this site exists it helps out in so many ways there are so many caring people on here its awesome to have people to turn to especially when your stressing about something about the fur babies and ao many people are willing to help.
Yeah, I would. I'll probably test it on a bit of carpet in the wardrobe, in the corner or something. Lol. Yeah, I love this site too! You can come here with any cat problem, and there's always someone, or many people, who can give you ideas (like yours) to try that on your own, you never would've thought of. Not just advice, but there are plenty of people who'll listen if you just wanna talk to someone. Best part is, we all love cats! :yess:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use plain old cheap hydrogen peroxide for staining on the carpets. Test it first on an unseen area. I have never had an issue with it bleaching anything it shouldn't. I believe that is the active ingredient in the Oxy products and at less than a dollar for a 16 oz bottle it is a better buy!