How to get kitten and dog to get along

snowkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! So it's been over a month now that my kitten has gotten access to my apartment. (Before he was quarantined). He was also taken to a new home for a week before he was given back to me due to some medical problems (I don't think I will be giving him back so he's staying).

So far it seems like my dog and kitten (he's 3 months old) are doing ok. Except when the kitten is super hyper and wanting to play. He tends to sway and lay on his tummy when my dog is around and I'm assuming he wants to play? But my dog doesn't want any of it lol she just scoots back quickly and moves away. I think she is a little traumatized from living with my cousin's cat for a while since that cat would always want to swat and attack her. I don't know how to get them to understand each other. They drink from the same water bowl and will sleep in the same room and lay sort of near each other. But that's about it. Everytime my kitten gets close to her, she just can't be calm and moves away. Anyone have any advice?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they seem to be working it out, and neither is trying to hurt the other I would call it good and let them work out the relationship.