how to get a lazy cat more active

maxsmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat thats about 8 years old, she was part of a 2 cat household until nealt 5 years ago since then she is lazy not playful and getting very fat, so I thought a kitten might encourage her to play lol boy was i wrong. She dont like the kitten at all and he has been with us for nearly 4 months now.I have tried to get her to play with the kittens toys but she doesnt want a bar of it, got her one of those under cover mouse things ..........nope dont like that either. The kitten however loves all the toys and tries to play with the fat cat all the time but she just hisses at him so them he comes and attacks me lol. What can i do to get her moving and loose some weight she is 6 kilo's. i have her on "light" food but it hasnt made any difference.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
You may have to try a couple of different toys to find something that interests her. Kittens find everything fun.;)

Have you tried a laser pointer or a wand toy? A lot of our members cats enjoy da bird. Does she like catnip? Maybe something with catnip in it would work. In our house, balls in tracks (like the Turboscratcher) are a huge hit. The youngest cat will chase them for hours.

I think once you find something she enjoys, she'll be active in no time.