How To Edit A Thread?

milolicious

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The title of my thread is "Male cat missing for three days :(" but it's actually two weeks. I was thinking of the last time my cat got missing, which was three days but he's already missing for almost 2 weeks. I also want to add more information in the thread which I forgot to include.

Thank you in advance.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Only moderators can edit thread titles, which I've done for you. Members can edit their posts for two hours (click on the box made up of three lines over on the left under the post, then "edit").

If you're past the time limit for editing, put the extra information in an additional post; a moderator can merge the posts for you.

animalssentient

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Is it possible to edit posts that are replies to a thread? I wanted to edit one of my comments and I can't find this little box with three lines, even though it's only a few minutes old.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - until you've posted a certain number of posts, (I don't know the number) you won't have edit capability. It's a website rule due to too many educational discussions being deleted by the Original Poster when they didn't like the feedback they were getting.

nml819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Only moderators can edit thread titles, which I've done for you. Members can edit their posts for two hours (click on the box made up of three lines over on the left under the post, then "edit").

If you're past the time limit for editing, put the extra information in an additional post; a moderator can merge the posts for you.
I seem to not be able to find the box or the three lines..
I accidentally wrote "scabs appearing on housecoat" instead of house cat ..

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - it's 5 days a member, and 20 posts and you become a Young Cat and then you can edit your posts.
I don't know for certain (trying to look it up, having a challenging time finding the info) if that's a situation of both things have to happen, as opposed to whichever happens first. I'm guessing both...