How To Do When Kitty Get Oral Ulcer?

zzbx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6-month little kitty and she is something wrong like bad breath and drooling, my friend said that she may get an oral ulcer, I'm worried about her and I don't know how to do.

Tinkleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your little kitty may be got oral ulcer.

Why the kitty get Oral ulcer?

On the one hand, cats eat dry food for a long time and do not like to drink water, which is easy to get mouth ulcer. On the other hand, some cats lack of vitamin B and low immunity, which is also the main reasons to get mouth ulcer.

What are the symptoms of oral ulcer in cats?
1. Has bad breath

2. Drooling, in severe cases, the saliva is with blood

3. Cats have an appetite, but have trouble in chewing and swallowing when they eat

4. The gums are red and swollen, and the mucous membranes of the mouth have visible ulcer

How To Do When Kitty Get Oral Ulcer?
1. Once the cat has the symptoms of oral ulcer, it is recommended to take the cat to the hospital for a professional oral examination to confirm the disease.

2. Give your cat the right amount of vitamin B supplement

3. Get extra water bowls for your cats and find ways to get them to drink more water

4. Cat-keeper should pay attention to cleaning up your cat's oral hygiene to avoid bacteria breeding after meals.

The cat that has oral ulcer is very painful, after all for can't happily eat is how torture! Cat-keeper must give the cat supplement nutrition usually, and let them drink more water. The most important thing is that it’s necessary for cat to brush teeth. Cat-keeper can't stop brushing their teeth just because they're cats!

Hope your cat gets well soon!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Take your cat to the vet.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Glad you found us. We are a community of cat lovers sharing our own experiences. However, we can't diagnose your kittiy's condition over the internet.

An ulcer is pretty extreme. It could be gingivitis or stomatitis. You need to get her to a vet for a diagnosis and the correct treatment.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes if she is drooling it could be a big deal, make sure the vet checks under her tongue too!
My 19 year old cat had one under her tongue so it was hard to see.
She was drooling, so go to the vet immediately!!!