how to beat extreme shyness?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you all for the kind replys..today i wanted to go to store but never made but im lucky that i always have plenty of food in the house.just had a craveing for mashed potatoes

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of caffiene. You'll be so hyper you'll have to move and talk to people

I use to be very shy and sometimes still have my moments. I can't socialize a lot everyday. If I see and talk to a lot of people (that are friends) 3 days in a row, I have to take a couple of days off where I don't talk to anyone unless I have to. Lately that hasn't been the case...I haven't felt overwhelmed.

Anyhoo, like everyone else has mentioned, its baby steps. There's no known cure...even medicine can help, but not all the time.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
opps i also forgot to say thank you for the ice cream that was real kind of ya

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get access to a therapist as a lot of people find a short course of CBT (cognitive behavioural Therapy) very helpful

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very extremely shy too, but the weird thing for me I'm not with romantic interests, just EVERYONE else. Like even my family.. It's very hard for me to make and then keep platonic friendships because I'm so "backwards" about it all. And a lot of people view it as me being snooty or "too good" for everyone, but really it's just my low self esteem that stops me from talking to people. I hate being thought of as a b&#$ tho! I would love to change that.

But I am sorta anti meds (for myself) so I'm trying all I can to avoid them..