How Should You Get Two Cats To Get Along If My Cat Had Bad Experiences With Other Cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ricue611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is your unwell GSD hanging in there lately? I'm sending her all my love :vibes: :alright:

Regarding drugs or over the counter calming products, here is a list;
One of the most popular is feliway but there have been comments of the diffuser getting quite hot when it's plugged in, and sometimes it doesn't have an effect on the cat(s).

You could try low volume classical harp music, there is an app called Relax My Cat, there is MusicForCats.com and also George Handel compositions are known to help a cat to relax.

Also, you could try one of these, only a small selection of a fast-growing section of pet products;
Bachs Rescue Remedy, Richard's Organics Pet Calm-this one is drops that you put on the tip of the tongue. Also, Quiet Moments Cat treats, there is Calming Care, Calm-o-mile, Sentry, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-ease, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has a calming product, Pet Naturals also has one I believe.

Also Thunderease has diffusers as does Sentry.
You might want to check with your vet, but some people have good results with CBD oil, plus there are vet-prescribed calming products too.
Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, drsfostersmith, animaleo, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

There is a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking. The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats

This discussion's post talks about some other products;
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat
Thank you, you have helped a lot. I will talk to my vet, and see what is the best way to make the two cats get along.

Merry Christmas.