How Safe Is This?? Bones In Cooked Food!

Luna6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna has been having digestive issues for several months now. I had been feeding her a cooked food from a pet food deli for almost a year at that point. Since her digestive issues started, she will eat the food fine for a week or so, then start avoiding it and make a weird grinding noise. Last night I started picking through it and found small but sharp pieces of bone. I knew there was bone in it when I started feeding it to her a year ago but they told me it was very finely ground and I did look through the first several that I fed her to make sure and didn't see anything like this. It's cooked food, so this cannot be safe, right??
upload_2019-1-21_9-23-55.png

This is what I picked out of one serving of her food. She gets two of these per day.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure what’s normal, but I do find bone pieces that size in the canned food I feed (Hound and Gatos, Rawz). I don’t think it is as much as that, but I think some is ok? Although my kitty doesn’t seem bothered by it. So I don’t know. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be by.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were told the bone was okay if you could flatten it by pressing it gently between your thumb and forefinger. That was when the only bones in cat food were fish bones.

I picked them out anyway and only bought fish food when nothing else was being eaten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luna6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We were told the bone was okay if you could flatten it by pressing it gently between your thumb and forefinger. That was when the only bones in cat food were fish bones.

I picked them out anyway and only bought fish food when nothing else was being eaten.
Hmm..these do not flatten and some are pretty sharp. I ran them across my arm and they left little scratch marks.