How old would you say my new kitten is

Cordelia_Shirley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted this little kitten from our local humane society and at the adoption event they told me he was 2 months old. When they emailed me the link to set up his microchip the birthday entered on the site would make him 12 weeks old. He definitely seems smaller than 3 months to me. What do you all think? Also, I'm assuming he will be a short hair cat. Would you agree?
2862159D-DF1D-438B-8E1A-A7A1CD5E22A4.jpeg
IMG_8115.jpeg
B050E8EA-281A-4080-B430-6ED174282F43.jpeg
Facetune_22-11-2021-23-57-11.jpeg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just adopted this little kitten from our local humane society and at the adoption event they told me he was 2 months old. When they emailed me the link to set up his microchip the birthday entered on the site would make him 12 weeks old. He definitely seems smaller than 3 months to me. What do you all think? Also, I'm assuming he will be a short hair cat. Would you agree?View attachment 402259View attachment 402256View attachment 402257View attachment 402258
He is gorgeous😻 I think he will be sh but in the second pic he looks a bit lh so maybe a medium hair. As for the age, he looks like 8-10 weeks to me but he could just be a smaller kitten as well. His eye color looks too developed to be 6 weeks imo. Here is a link.

How to Determine a Kitten's Age — Kitten Lady

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Goldycat, he’s too young to be away from mum. No older than 8 weeks.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much does he weigh? An 8 week old should average 800gm-1kg

Alexiano

Visenya's forever keeper
Kitten
Purraise
I believe, he is 2-2,5 months. In some cases, maybe he is even 3 already, but not older.

Why not 5-8 weeks? His eyes colour is without any sparkle of kittish blue or or transitional colour, these eyes are clear and pure. In addition, the kitten has a very confident look, the muzzle is still a child's, but it is already clear that the kitten is growing and how approximately he will grow.

A kitten can be smaller than kittens of his age, it depends on the mother and father, on the mother's pregnancy and on the early living conditions, but the eyes are always an indicator for me. Eyes, their colour, size and look.

I may be wrong, no one is perfect, but I have raised enough orphaned kittens, starting with their newborns, to follow how the eyes begin to change. I can show a kitty. she is almost two months (4 days to wait), maybe you can spot the difference.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe, he is 2-2,5 months. In some cases, maybe he is even 3 already, but not older.

Why not 5-8 weeks? His eyes colour is without any sparkle of kittish blue or or transitional colour, these eyes are clear and pure. In addition, the kitten has a very confident look, the muzzle is still a child's, but it is already clear that the kitten is growing and how approximately he will grow.

A kitten can be smaller than kittens of his age, it depends on the mother and father, on the mother's pregnancy and on the early living conditions, but the eyes are always an indicator for me. Eyes, their colour, size and look.

I may be wrong, no one is perfect, but I have raised enough orphaned kittens, starting with their newborns, to follow how the eyes begin to change. I can show a kitty. she is almost two months (4 days to wait), maybe you can spot the difference.
I agree with this. Also his ears are too big for 6-8 weeks. I'd say 10-12 weeks, just a bit small for his age.

Very cute!