How old should a kitten be to introduce a new older cat?

vicnatii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've read many of the threads on introducing a new cat and I plan to apply all those tips when I do it. 

I have an almost two months old kitten at home (he's been with me for little over a week now, previously he lived in a multicat household) and I plan to adopt an eleven month old neutered cat from a rescue group in Argentina. He's currently living in a multicat foster home and according to he's friendly towards humans and get's along just fine with other cats. They'll hold him for me until I cat bring him home. My question is: should I wait until my kitten is older? Three months, more confident, bigger, less fragile? Or is it better to introduce them now? I want both my cats to be happy and would hate to make my kitten afraid or feel powerless.

Thanks!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think it really depends on each cat's personality and their relative sizes..  If the 11 month is gentle, I don't see any problem with bringing him home soon.  You could wait a couple more weeks to allow your kitten a little more time to settle in with you but based on your other thread http://www.thecatsite.com/t/315200/kiv#post_3950820 your kitten, Kivú, isn't hiding or showing other signs of insecurity.

You could try wiping a sock or cloth on Kivú and then visiting your cat still in the foster home and letting the second cat smell it.  If he has a hostile reaction, that's a sign that you might want to wait until Kivú is a bit larger.  

When you do bring him home, following a slow introduction process will minimize any problems between the two.  Here's some information that should help:
[article="32680"]How To Successfully Introduce Cats The Ultimate Guide  [/article]
Let us know when you bring your new baby home.  And include photos!