How old does this kitten look?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaysiekylessx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It says she's 6 weeks but really looks younger, will she eventually use the litter box? she goes in there and sits

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, her tail is long which means she's over 6 weeks. . .but I can't really tell how much older, especially since it's hard to determine size from photos. But she doesn't look very young to me.

Where did you get her?

Yes, she should use the litterbox eventually, but do keep an eye on her because it's very easy for babies to forget where the potty is :lol3:. So keep putting her in it now and then, especially if you see her sniffing around or pawing at anything. When she does use it, make sure to tell her what a good kitty she is, maybe even give her a nice treat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose you can stimulate her some, warm wet cloth, massaging moves, like mum would do.

How long has she not done anything? May it be constipation?   crushed unflavored conserved pumpkin is often used as a mild but effective bowel mover.

kaysiekylessx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got her from someone on the internet, she does go in her little box, she even dug a hole once, but then came out, i got her at 5pm, it's now 9pm and she hasnt done anything, i only gave her a little bit of food, about a tablespoon wet food, and about little bit of kitten milk, which she drank and ate the food, she's now asleep, will she soon use the litter box?

& i did, i got a tissue and wet it with warm water, rubbed her abit down there twice, still nothing

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of cats will hold it for a while after going to a new home. Just give her time. She will need a lot more food than that, though. She'll probably manage a whole 3-oz can a day at this age.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet food is best for cats (look up www.catinfo.org), although I do like to keep dry food down for kittens, too, because they're always so hungry. So make sure she gets her wet food meals :D. And she may have trouble with the dry kibbles at this age, because her teeth are so small.

kaysiekylessx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I gave her a table spoon wet food, ive got dry too though

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her a table spoon wet food, ive got dry too though
I'd go ahead and keep some wet food available for her at all times. Like a previous poster said... Kittens are always hungry.

Let her "free feed", she's a growing girl. Cute as a button too. I'd also be very careful about what type of collar you use. Even breakaway collars can get hung,up and strangle little babies like her. Heaven forbid...