How often to replace cat tree?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our cat tree was purchased in 2000 and has withstood nearly daily use by two large (>15 lbs.) cats. We got a ceiling-high "modular" tree designed for very large cats, and it's been worth every penny. A few parts of it have been replaced twice, its base once. The original covers were removable and machine-washable. I steam clean the current elements (from 2014) every few months. This tree was originally beige and had 3 beds. Mowgli prefers platforms, so that's what he got.

1269836_4749494034018_1970862341_o.jpg

I really recommend getting a tree with parts you can reconfigure and replace as time goes by. They're a bit more expensive initially, but save a lot of money in the long run.

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat tree was purchased in 2000 and has withstood nearly daily use by two large (>15 lbs.) cats. We got a ceiling-high "modular" tree designed for very large cats, and it's been worth every penny. A few parts of it have been replaced twice, its base once. The original covers were removable and machine-washable. I steam clean the current elements (from 2014) every few months. This tree was originally beige and had 3 beds. Mowgli prefers platforms, so that's what he got.

View attachment 361427
I really recommend getting a tree with parts you can reconfigure and replace as time goes by. They're a bit more expensive initially, but save a lot of money in the long run.
Yours has lasted far longer than mine! Can you tell us what company made it? Thanks!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. My cats must be crazed, i cant imagine a cat tree lasting 20 years. I got my cat a tree last year and the rope is undone, and shes ripping through all the sisal.

My cat Kitty has chewed the wood parts of her tree. Her last tree lasted around 7 years. i had to toss it when i moved even though it wasnt in bad condition.

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have purchased several "Frisco" Trees from Chewy. Easy to put together, good hardware. well built and both my daughters who got them as gifts from me, really like them. Very reasonably priced. Good value.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yours has lasted far longer than mine! Can you tell us what company made it? Thanks!
It's a German company called CleverCat. Our last cat managed to break one of the beds the first year with all his jumping around, and the company immediately replaced all three beds - talk about service!