How often do you wear make-up? men and women welcome ;-)

dolce jo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wear it everyday
I feel neekid without it lol!
I have to admit, I'm a total make-up junkie
But the time it takes to apply it, depends what I'm doing and where I'm going. I always start with my skin regimen first. Then (in order of application lol):

Everyday (20 min) - foundation primer, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow (2-3 colors), eyeliner (2 colors), mascara, blush and lip gloss.

Special occasion/night out on the town (30-45min) - foundation primer, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow (3-4 colors), eye brow pencil liner (1-2 colors), eye brow shadow (1 color), pencil eyeliner (1 colors), liquid eyeliner (1 color), false eye lashes, mascara (2 types), blush, bronzer, glow dust, lip tint, lip gloss.

Wow....I can't believe I use so much!! hahaha

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i were it when im going to work takes 5mins to do, i wear a powder on my face eyeshawdow, eye liner, mascara and some lip gloss

if im going out i wear it to and on holiday i do to sometimes but its rare ill put some on even though im just staying in just for something different, i love how i look with and without it on though so im just not fussed

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It used to be that I would not leave the house without make-up. One time I had misplaced my mascara and we were going my SIL's. I started crying and wouldn't go. Oh my, how vain I was then!

That all went out the window when I started delivering the mail. Getting up at 4:30 am is hard enough without making time to put on make-up. Besides, I'd start sweating in the summer and have irritated eyes and streams of mascara down my cheeks. Kinda looked like Alice Cooper!

It's rather freeing not to be a slave to the make-up anymore. My DH always used to complain about the time I took to put it on, though he always told me I looked nice, and I always got compliments on my eyes. If he doesn't mind me w/o make-up....I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm pretty content with myself as I am.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I can't really wear make-up. Years ago, I used to, but the dr. prescribed the wrong dosage of some acne cream, and I had a severe allergic reaction--thousands of tiny bumps and a violent red (think lobster-red) rash all over my face, down to my chest, along with swollen eyelids and lips. That all went away (and my skin looked gorgeous for a few weeks), but I seemed to have developed a sensitivity to make-up then. I've tried EVERYTHING--custom-made foundation, hypo-allergenic, etc.. All are bad. I can tolerate a bit of liquid concealer (oddly enough, a cheaper brand) on blemishes, and under my eyes, but that's it. And I never, even before the incident, wear eye make-up, espcially mascara--made my eyes itch.

This all coincided with when I started Civil War reenacting. To be authentic, I didn't wear make-up. My skin looked good, and this helped me accept the fact that I could go out in public "un-painted".

I just take really good care of my skin--no soap, toner (usually white vinegar), moisturizer (I can tolerate Nutragena & Dove Sensitive skin), lots of water, a healthy diet, staying out of the sun, etc. I really think all of that is better than make-up in the long-run. And, yes, despite all of that, I STILL GET ZITS!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Almost everyday. I'll very occasionally go out without it if I just have to make a quick grocery run or something. But if I'm going to work or school or anywhere for more than twenty minutes I put it on.

I just use a little light foundation to even out my skin tone and then eye makeup. Usually light pinks or browns. May do some experimenting if I have the time.

I can do my makeup in about 8 minutes, but it usually takes around 20 minutes since I use my makeup time as coffee/tv/newspaper time too.

And I'm excited today because I ordered some new makeup online! I got my BareMinerals on sale for 16$ on Amazon.com! I had stopped using it because it was so expensive and it felt like I was wasting half of it on my clothes/couch/cats (
, Harvey LOVES to smell my makeup and would always get powder all over his nose,
). But I had an Amazon gift card so WOHOO!