How often do you completely clean out your litterbox?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I recommend buying duplicate boxes. Prepare the clean duplicate first with fresh litter. Replace the dirty in two seconds. Take up the dirty box and clean it without your furry foreman.
It has nothing to do with not having a clean box at the moment. It has to do with the fact that the dirty box is interesting. :lol:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has nothing to do with not having a clean box at the moment. It has to do with the fact that the dirty box is interesting. :lol:
If they enjoy it and it doesn’t leave them without a box to use, treasure these goofy and joyful moments. 😹😻 And capture and share them if you can. 😸

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I would love one or two of those! But yeah, seems so expensive and I think not yet available where I am.

waddle waddle - I scoop at least twice a day: one in the morning and another at night before we all get to bed. Then once a week like most of us here we totally dump all the remaining litter and clean the boxes with soap, water and disinfectant.
My husband got it for me as a birthday gift because I am the one who scoops the litter the most. My left leg is disabled and my balance is horrible, and a few times I nearly toppled in while scooping. It took the place of four regular boxes that we kept behind a room divider in the sitting room and has greatly reduced the actual scooping of the regular boxes! I initially freaked out about how expensive it was, but, honestly, it has made my life easier and safer and we are saving money on litter.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I know our trash man probably hates me with all the weight I put in there and the Chewy delivery person keeps busy coming to my home. I currently have 8 cats I had twelve 3 days ago

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December is an expensive month with car insurance, registration, and the first winter electric bill. Perhaps in January, I’ll look into getting an outdoor shelter for him. I’m still not ready to be (one of) his full time feeder. I can put a camera out on the deck to see if he’s coming under when I don’t feed him.

BearBearcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I scoop every day and wash out with bleach hot water sanitizer and soap every other Sunday. I used to do it every week then I switched to Tidy Cats lightweight cat litter and it is amazing! I have 2 cats and 3 boxes and I have no smell in my house. I had the hardest time finding one that would work and this is the best one I've ever had. I did read on this thread about using puppy pads I think I'm going to try that so the bottom of the box doesn't have stuck wet litter in the corner.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I scoop my kitty's box 2x a day and clean it with Nature Miracle wipes and fresh litter monthly.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who hardly ever dumps all the litter and thoroughly cleans the box? Tuff's box stays so clean that I feel it would just be a waste of time and money. Litter can be pretty pricey.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might add that I keep it 4 inches deep and that probably helps.