How Much Wet Food?

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! I have been posting on here and I’m so happy with the amount of help I’ve been getting. I have a five month old Persian and I was wondering if it’s okay to give it fancy feast for dinner every night? She eats royal canin and has no problem with it. Just thought it would be a good idea to mix in her supplements with the wet food. Thanks!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, canned food is always a good idea. Cats need the moisture. :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you know the calories per can of the Fancy Feast? I can't find it online. Kittens need to eat a lot because they're still growing. Do you also leave dry food out for her throughout the day? This article is very helpful in navigating the amounts to feed: How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat?

This is also something you can ask your vet about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know the calories per can of the Fancy Feast? I can't find it online. Kittens need to eat a lot because they're still growing. Do you also leave dry food out for her throughout the day? This article is very helpful in navigating the amounts to feed: How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat?

This is also something you can ask your vet about.
I give her 1/3 cup of royal canin twice a day. Sometimes I’ll give her 1/3 cup of royal canin and then wet food in the evening, but I wasn’t sure if it was okay to do every night! I just looked for the calories in the can but having trouble finding it unfortunately

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I give her 1/3 cup of royal canin twice a day. Sometimes I’ll give her 1/3 cup of royal canin and then wet food in the evening, but I wasn’t sure if it was okay to do every night! I just looked for the calories in the can but having trouble finding it unfortunately
Your vet might know. Fancy Feast is a popular food.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give a little bit more than a 3oz can. I give a can and a half per day to each cat. Or if I use a 5.5oz can I give 3/4 can to each cat. And for dry food I give about 1/3 cup Plus 1 Tablespoon per cat. (or 1/8 cup 3 times per cat, same thing.) :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a kitten her age she needs lots of food, she is still growing and developing. I see absolutley no problems with the amount of dry you feed, and give her a can of the Fancy feast every night. many cats like wet food, and its better for them in most ways than dry. So if she likes wet i would encourage her to eat it daily.

I try to feed as high protein, moderate fat, and low carb as possible. i leave dry out all the time, and feed two wet meals per day.

I free feed Dr. Elseys Dry, chicken. very high protein and low carb
I rotate between several different wet foods.
a few more links for you to look at

http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf
CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat