How much to feed 15 week old Bengal?

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 15 week old bengal and I'm struggling to figure out how much to feed her. I'm feeding her the small fancy feast kitten food 3 times a day but im fairly sure that is not enough for her. She seems to want more food an hour later and will go to any length she can to steal food from us, particularly during human meal times. She finishes off what the other 2 cats don't eat and still wants more.

Should I just start feeding her food for 1yr plus old cats and give her more?

She will not eat dry food at all so this isn't helping anything at all.

I'm at a loss!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a 15 week old bengal and I'm struggling to figure out how much to feed her. I'm feeding her the small fancy feast kitten food 3 times a day but im fairly sure that is not enough for her. She seems to want more food an hour later and will go to any length she can to steal food from us, particularly during human meal times. She finishes off what the other 2 cats don't eat and still wants more.

Should I just start feeding her food for 1yr plus old cats and give her more?

She will not eat dry food at all so this isn't helping anything at all.

I'm at a loss!
Keep feeding that kitten! There's another current thread (right here) that also asks about how much to feed kittens: you can/should pretty much feed them as much as they'll eat.

You can feed kitten food or "all life stages" food to your kitten; the benefit of some kitten foods is that they're more calorie-dense than food designed for adult cats. The big thing our vet told us when we adopted our cats (as very scrawny, underfed ten-month-old kittens) was to feed them canned foods with high protein to help them with healthy growth. Honestly, I think you're lucky your kitten doesn't like dry food--we had to wean ours off it.

Good luck!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Growing kittens need as much food as they would eat. She's growing rapidly and need all the nutrients from a decent food, especially if she's very active (what kitten isn't?). Feed her as much as she wants. If in doubt, always ask your vet.