How Much Shuild I Give Tassee

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont know how much i shouild give her she is almost over 20 pounds she does eat everyday she is on iams hair ball diet she was on iams weight control from the lady that i got her she lived in glenwood springs colorado i live in montrose colorado and i cant seem to find it i wouild like to switch it to brand i can buy easier i dont know how to switch it she is really getting a little chubby

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What stores are near you? Is ordering online a possibility for you? Whatever you do change to make sure you don’t free feed. Feed in small meals throughout the day the recommended amount on the bag for what weight she should be. So is she kinda stalking? I had a 15 lbs cat who was in great shape. Just large because of his breed and I currently have an 8 lbs female and a 10 lbs male. And they are both in great shape. Have you taken her to the vet for a check up since getting her? The vet may have some suggestions on how much weight she looses. Obesity is dangerous for cats. Ideally you’ll want her on a low carb wet food diet but if you can’t afford it find an affordable grain free dry food and give her at least some kind of low carb canned food. Fancy feast and Sheba is acceptable if you can’t afford anything else.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20 lbs is overweight unless your cat is a heavy breed like a Maine Coon.

I suggest asking the vet for advice on how much your cat should ideally weight and what is the best way to slowly get those pounds off. Generally, watching daily calorie intake on a healthy diet and exercising are best. Prescription food isn't necessary if the vet recommeneds or suggests that.

You might find these helpful:

Mickey, my 27 lbs foster and his journey back to a healthy weight
Feline Obesity: An Epidemic of Fat Cats

With any change in food, you do it slowly over a week or so. Add a small amount of the new food to the old food for a few meals. Then slowly add more new food and less old food.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw in another of your threads that she is a savannah cat. Is she pure bred, and do you know if she is 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation? 20 pounds may be a healthy weight for her.

Is there any chance you can post pictures of her top line and a side view?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we have walmart petgo and a target i dont know what generation she is i am going to measure how much she is getting

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she does have a boltch on her stomach ive seen this on several cats its right were the stomach ends

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean a pouch of skin hanging down at her abdomen? That's a "primordial pouch" which is normal. It's not fat.

This is a Bengal with a large primordial pouch. The cat is not overweight.

(Or do you mean she has some sort of blotch on her stomach?)

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is what is is hers is about the same size

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
those are beautiful bangels i had one for about 5 yrs she was already 12 yrs when i got her her name was baby she was the oppisit of tassee baby didnt eat very much tassee eats to much baby never cried very much tassee cries to much baby never liked to play tassee plays alot baby never got into trouble tassee elways gets into trouble baby never clawed bit anyone tassee does they have exactly the same markings