How Much Shouild A Savanah Cat Weigh

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i know tassee eats alot she is a savanah cat she does havve a pouch on her abdomin ive seen several cats with this so i know thats normal i want to switch her to canned food but my mom doesnt like the small of it she is on iams weight and hairball control thats was she was raised on i am wondering if there is other dry food i can put her on

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - there are online adult cat body charts you could look at, but the main thing is that you want to be able to feel her ribs with a thin layer of fat over them.
Regarding the wet food it's strongly suggested to feed wet food for your cat's health and hydration, and there are some brands and varieties that don't stink nearly as badly as some of them do.
Would your mom consider letting you try some wet food if you fed tassee at a scheduled time, in a place away from where your mom is, and then picked up the plate and washed it when Tassee is finished with that meal?
I don't have much for suggestions for dry food but there are others here who have brands they like.