How much mannose?

RavenF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for the correct dosage for my cat (approx 8 lbs) of d mannose now foods 500mg , please? Thanks so much. :)

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi R RavenF and a very warm welcome to the forum !

Here is a reliable plain-language coverage of D-Mannose for you, dosages and all: Tanya's Guide... - URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS (UTIS) - Treatments - D-Mannose.

Maybe you'll post back and tell us what you're dealing with and about your kitty. There's lots of friendly help.....just waiting!

Then, if you do..............................maybe you could show us a pic or two.....pleeeeeeese!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I have been giving Feeby pure D-Mannose powder for nearly 3 years now. 1/4 tsp (500 mg) once daily. Prior to that she was having frequent bacteria/UTIs, and since starting her on this product, she has had one UTI. I don't consider it to be an on-off treatment, but rather an ongoing maintenance dose - not only to stave off bacterial build up that can lead to UTIs, but for general bladder health. it is not processed through the digestive tract, only by the kidneys, so whatever amount you give is peed out with the bacteria.

Last edited:

bikkaqwertyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the Tanya CKD page is excellent.

We used to give 250mg daily to Tikka but we upped it to 500mg since she is more immunosuppressed now. Her weight has been in the 6-9 pound range. She eats it well in food, which I can't say for other supplements. For 250mg we purchased a cute little 1/8 teaspoon scoop since it's a non-standard size. Please note that this is only for preventing E coli infections specifically.

She didn't get a UTI for 5 months (actually that was just last week, lol) until she started more intense chemotherapy for something else.

Anecdotally, I take it daily as a human who is prone to recurrent UTIs as well, haha, and it has been a game-changer.

Carolynjacksmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Raven, I don't know much about CKD or Mannose, but I had some experience with UTI with my cat that had other issues. Yes, antibiotics were given, but reoccurred and was peeing everywhere and in pain. (My poor baby, almost died with the previous Vet I used.) Got through that one with antibiotics again. After much research, I came across a website with natural holistic meds for cats and dogs. I love my cat I'll try anything. The website is "Pets Well-Being" - I purchased "Gold Uninary" Formula for Cats. (Note: this site also has a Vet that you can question for added information). She was healed from UTI's and NEVER had another UTI- used it for Years - it is the Best! Note: I did have my new Veterinarian check it out to make sure all the ingredients were okay to use along with "all the meds she was on"- She gave it the OK- said there was nothing in it that would harm or affect her or the other meds since it was all natural. You Must Check With Your Vet first, if your cat is on other meds. It's a liquid, all natural, holstic with no side effects. You just put a few drops (according to weight) in wet food, mix it up. Very easy. My cat never did like putting any liquid in her mouth directly or would never take any pills so that would never work . This was a Godsend! I don't know if this will help you, but if your Vet gives it the OK, "PLEASE try it! Check out all the reviews on their online site. It's one of their number one sellers for years . My review is very old, but it's on there. Like I said she was on other meds for other issues and and it was fine to give her. Please do this as soon as possible, the sooner you start on this the better. I hope you're able to try it. I do believe in vets and doctors and medicine to help with medical issues, but also God gave us a lot of natural things to help with our bodies and our animal bodies. I did the antibiotics and this and boy the success was amazing!! Please keep us posted if you try. God bless and I hope you have a successfull outcome for your fur-baby!

Last edited by a moderator: