How much does your cat drink?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new cat is in a room by herself and doesn't seem to be drinking a lot. She's still going to the bathroom regularly so she must be and she's getting moisture from canned food but I was just wondering if you see a daily visible difference in your kitties water bowl. My boys have two fountains and between the six of them they don't bring the water level down too much each day, I only refill because it makes tinkling water sounds when it's not totally full.
Anyhow, she's got a vet appointment Monday so I'll mention it and see what my vet thinks.

[EDIT]
I moved her bowl (thinking maybe she doesnt like where it is) and spilled some of the water (more than just a drop) and it still looks like it's full :shrug: So I guess if she's peeing fine she must be drinking fine!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a water dispenser that holds about 2 quarts of water apparently, and my 3 will go through that in around 7-9 days.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've read that cats do not have a high thirst drive, and tend not to drink as much as they really should.

That being said, I have two freaking thirsty cats. They have two water bowls, and they're both brought to almost empty probably every other day. I watch both of them drink frequently. Fiona is especially adorable, because she drinks by dipping her paw in the water and licking her paw. Over and over. And over.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we have a 2 quart dispenser and a fountain (cheap blue one from petco). two cats empty the dispenser weekly, and we have to top off the fountain every other day or so.