How Much Does It Cost You To Have Your Cat Per Year?

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basscat basscat - Don't sell yourself short - after all, you supplied the Bobcat Palace too.

;)
I'm thinking THAT was a bargain right now. Working on a patio and I cannot believe how much this is costing. I think people have pools that cost less!
I hurt so bad I look forward to going to my job to get some rest...

catzorz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats has digestive issues and is a very picky eater, but I have to feed both cats the same food or else the IBD kitty doesn't eat.

I spend about $400 every month and a half on cat food alone (between two cats).

Sadee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family and I probably spent 1,000-1,500 dollars last year on him, this includes all his food, toys, treats, litter, cat liners, vet bills, medicine, beds, cat tree, Halloween costumes ect

This year so far we've spent about 500-600 dollars on him, this includes 3 vet visits early this year, flea medicine, allergy medicine, dry food, wet food, toys, fish oils, treats, litter, cat liners, brushes, ect.

The allergy medicine and flea medicine its self cost 130 dollars, add 100 to that just for both of the exams that's 200 dollars. We would've saved 120 dollars if he decided not to run in the backyard LOL.

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
our senior kitty will never eat a full can of food, and he has intestinal issues that keep him from digesting much of it, so i'd say we spend $150 to $200 a month on cans of fancy feast, an average of $150 per month on medications plus cosequin at around $18 per month. litter around $40 per month. a vet visit at least twice a year (he has IBS, kidney and thyroid conditions) of at least $400 but usually more.

so we spend more than $423 per month or $5,076 per year. how much more depends on what tests he needs at the vet and what medications he needs and how he's eating. in reality i'd guess we spend over $6,000 a year.