How many.....

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how many packs of cat litter do you use if you have 2 cats?

mine is 4 packs of 5L of clumping litters. that makes 1 pack per week and 2.5L per cat in a week.

I change the whole litter once month (since some on the internet said it can be done) and just add some litters once in a while to replace the scooped ones and maintain the "depth" of the litter.

im asking this because i wanna know if im being too "excessive" in using litters and if so...it causes a fortune!!!! we live in a third world country so about $20 a month for their litters is a big deal...or extravagant enough. i love my cats but a part of me also get a bit bummed when i think that our $20 almost literally get sh*tted on. 

keeping them indoor is so expensive :(

crica

Skeptic
Young Cat
Purraise
if you have access to wood pellets (like the kind burned in a wood stove) they are the cheapest i have found to use for litter - usually less then 5 dollars for 40lbs and if you clean out poop everyday, one bag can easily last about 2 weeks - make sure you do your homework though and only get wood pellets that have NO fillers or glue or use any type of  wood that is toxic to cats. hope this helps!

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in Canada and have 4 cats and a rabbit all useing a recycled news paper litter; 3 to 4 bags a month at least 75$ are chesper litters but this doesn't track and yes it hard on the budget ( then theres the food)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i use a tray ofcoconut husk and a tray of clumping litter just to compare. Well in husk, since its briwb its hard to see the poop. Lol. And the pee..well as the pack says is being absorbed. So it will only really last for a week or else it wont be able to hold the smell anymore.

As per the clumping...well some pee clumps break and bits mix in. And u cant filter them anynore. I scoop them twice a day and i think the clumpibg litter can last for a month before throwing all of it out.

I dont know maybe im just stressed. Haha. First time of keeping cats indoor.