How many times have you been proposed to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Realized that I posted this thread but forgot to mention how many proposals I had. 3 but only accepted the 3rd. 25 years ago.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of my kindergarten students purpose to me... that was cute. And of course my Husband. I count once.l

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zero for me, but Ive made it clear to all SO's that marriage is not for me, shutting them all down before they even got a chance to ask

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

Officially 0 but I am married.

I was pregnant, my (now) husband was talking about going to the justice of the peace and said "I guess that is my way of asking". He did not ask, I did not say yes, and we had a wedding about 4 1/2 years ago.
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

None officially, but my ex wanted to get married..its when he gave me a ring that I high tailed it out of there in fear
Not really ever been PROPOSED to.... Am married but we don't do anything conventionally! So, why start there!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well all the time on this end, I have been married once, so that was the first time and i jumped into it and accepted. It didnt last. Now i have Hammy, we have been together going on two years now, and over the past 8-10 months he proposes to me almost every day and tells me how much he is in love with me and how he cant wait for me to be his wife. We are not jumping right into it so that this one will last. But it is so nice to hear so very often that i am so loved and that when the time is right this is the man who is going to make me happy the rest of our lives....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Us men (at least me) enjoy receiving flowers at work. h:
err we do?

ok that is 1 for yes and 1 for no...
any other guy want to chime in on this

i vote for sending random pizza to the guys

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i vote for sending random pizza to the guys
Believe it or not, I've actually done that to DH when he had to work late. He LOVED it...just as much attention as getting flowers, but much more macho.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i've been proposed to twice. once by my first boyfriend, I was 15 and he was 17.

the second time was almost 30 years ago now, by my sweetie. I'm still in love with him.
I remember all the details, what he said, what he wore, how he smelled when I snuggled my face into his neck. He is a wonderful man, a great father and a terrific husband. And I still have the little ring, with diamond chips so small, you hardly know they're their, but I was so proud to have that ring on my finger, the joy that came with knowing someone loved me that much! I still feel that joy every day when he comes home from work.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I have been proposed to a bunch of times!!
The first time with a great guy that I would have loved to marry, but he kept moving away and coming back and moving away and coming back! Id get with someone else then he'd come back and Id drop everything to be with him! We ended up having a major misunderstanding due to some alcahol and broke up. (neither of us wanted too, we just misunderstood each other!)
The second time by a guy that I wasn't so crazy about, but my mom told me if I wanted to be with him I had to marry him (I just wanted to see if he was right for me) but later on I found him and my mom in bed together.... yeah.
The other times by random boyfriends that I said no too.
The last time was Oct 27 2003, he came in the door, and threw a box at me! Im serious it hit me and all!! It was a ring
It was my 21st b-day, but somehow that wasn't the proposal I was expecting. We did end up getting married in 2006 due to pure convienence. We decided it would be cheaper, we had three kids, so why not?? So we went up to the court house, paid for our marriage licence and got married 3 days later! I didn't have the fun stuff that anyone else did, but I did have a 29 day old baby attached to the boob at the alter!! We've been together for 9 years now!! Only married for 1 1/2 though!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow I find having a box thrown at you a little less than romantic!
But I guess it was a surprise when you opened it then!! At least there was none of the expected gushy smoosh when you know what's coming next .lol: