How many of you talk to your cat.... and respond as your cat.

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am often constantly chattering away with my cat. And I’ll even respond to myself In what I’ve deemed is ‘her voice.’ And it happens so automatically that I don’t even really think of it most of the time.

But I’ll be like, “Mia did you know that you’re the cutest fluffiest girl in the world?” And I’ll respond like, “yeah I know, I’m the fluff-est in the whole wide world.”

And the fact that I know she likes it when I talk to her makes me do it even more! (She will often start purring if she’s laying somewhere and I start talking to her- it’s so cute.)

So how many of you talk to your cats and respond to yourself. 😂

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I imitate their meows. Selene will sometimes make a "questioning" meow, and I'll mimic it-she'll get excited, as if I just answered her question. Charlie and I will have full-blown conversations-he'll make his usual squeak, I'll imitate it, and we'll go back and forth.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean answer for the cat? Me and Patches talk all the time. ;)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I talk to my cats.
Yes, I will "answer for them", to whatever I said to them.
Yes, I will mimic their meows back at them.
Yes, I will RE ask a question until I get an answer or response.
Yes, I will ask multiple questions in response to a meow, in an attempt to know what they are asking of me.

And there are several more "yes's" when it comes to communicating with my cats....:paperbag:, I just don't think I need to embarrass my self even further! :lol::catrub:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have to respond for greg and arnold, they are quite capable of communicating with me. In fact they often initiate the conversation and respond for me.

Here is Greg talking to me.........I think this message is pretty clear: I have once again disappointed him.

20180804_184503.jpg

Arnold does vocalize loudly......its usually either about food or going outside.........though sometimes he just yells at me and I have to somehow figure out what he wants.

20200412_084647.jpg

Here, he wants to be fed in bed.