How many hours in between to administer 2 doses of gabapentin, 100 mg.?

LemonLipton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Does anyone know what would be the least amount of time which is SAFE to administer one dose of gabapentin, 100 mg., to my 13 year old female cat Sabrina, and then the second dose which I plan to give her at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, April 7 (tomorrow)? I mean, how many hours in between to be safe? Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LemonLipton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me explain why I need to give Sabrina my 13 year old female cat two doses of gabapentin, 100 mg. each. My vet instructed me that every time I bring Sabrina in for a vet appointment, I must sedate her with two doses of gabapentin. One administered the night before, and the second one administered the morning of the vet appointment. She is going in for a dental cleaning and comprehensive exam tomorrow, April 7, at 8:30 a.m. And I plan to give her the second dose at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 7. My question is: What is the minimum but still SAFE amount of time in-between the doses? Thank you for any advice you can give me!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Although I'm not a vet or medical expert I would think 10 - 12 hours apart would be a safe amount of time. However, I would recommend asking your vet or vet tech this question to be on the safe side. Best of luck at Sabrina's dental cleaning. Please let us know how everything goes.:crossfingers:

ETA: I noticed her appointment is scheduled for this morning so by now she is already at the vet. Sorry there wasn't enough time given to answer your question.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LemonLipton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Although I'm not a vet or medical expert I would think 10 - 12 hours apart would be a safe amount of time. However, I would recommend asking your vet or vet tech this question to be on the safe side. Best of luck at Sabrina's dental cleaning. Please let us know how everything goes.:crossfingers:

ETA: I noticed her appointment is scheduled for this morning so by now she is already at the vet. Sorry there wasn't enough time given to answer your question.
Thank you neely. It worked out perfectly with the two doses given 4 hours and 4p minutes apart.