how many days is she now?

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
trying to figure out exactly how many days pregnancy my kitty is. She is 2 years old strictly indoor cat but she got out may 10 and came home may 12, she was in heat when she got home, and the following day she went calm. she is very pregnant. No temp dips, very cuddly and nesting, been doing so for a week, she's engorged, I know max is 70 days and when she saw vet 3 weeks after he said she's in good health, so how do I know when 7days is with a time frame of may 10 to 12th

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is currently 64 - 66 days assuming she conceived may 10-12.  It can take a day or so after mating for conception to take hold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So waiting till Monday to see vet would not be waiting to long? I don't have much experience and have already prepaid for her to be spayed when possible. She looks so uncomfortable and ready to have them, temp for past week straight has been 100.4 to 100.6, but the daddy followed her home and he is also long haired, so they should be little puff balls, and 3 already have homes with my family members

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday should be okay.  She may have them over the weekend. 

She can get pregnant again as early as a week after giving birth.  You need to keep the male away.

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is outside, a stray but he looks for her frequently and comes to the door, vet said he can do laser earlier then traditional, so we are going with that.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trap Neuter Return.  You can contact a local rescue group for advice if you are interested.

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would, but I am on a paycheck to paycheck, I have insurance for emergency, and prepay my vet for all checkups, if I could afford to I would take him in.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, you don't keep him, that's the return part.  The cats are returned to the area they came from.  It helps to keep the cat population down.

It was just a suggestion since he seems to be hanging around.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat will have her babies any day now. She would not be overdue for several more days so no reason to rush to the vet if she is not in distress. She sounds healthy and the pregnancy sounds normal so far. My cat was huge and went 68 days.

Do you feed the male who is hanging around?

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, but my neighbor has cat shelters in her yard and feeds all the strays in the neighbourhood..

she did have a temp dip to 99.6 today so fingers crossed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, that didn't take too long! Congratulations! :)

Are they in a nest now?

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I had to change the location of the nest because she moved the babies from my closet but is content in her nest in my office

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!  They looks fuzzy already.  Twins?  Does that mean she gave birth to 2 or 4 kittens?

renelldablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Twins, just 2, looks like lighter grey is male and white and black is female