How many cats would you like to have?

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you had relatively unlimited resources, e.g., a billion dollars, how many cats would you have?

Would you buy a huge property and populate it with thousands of cats? Millions? What would be your limit?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would buy a huge property and get a few thousand cats and hire ton of people to help look after of them. because few thousand is just too much for one person 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would also buy a huge piece of property and open a cat sanctuary. We'd have of course, the large main house that would be set up with a huge playroom for my babies. There would be walkways and perches all over the place and a very large, fully equipped catio in the back. In my personal home there would probably be about 10 or so cats. More than likely it would be the or so. 

Then we would have the shelter/sanctuary itself which would be a huge building that would be set up as close to a home environment as possible with a smaller building set up especially for kitties with special needs. We'd have a medical building with a vet and some techs on hand 24/7 with the staff rotating in and out every 8 hours.You never know when a cat will get sick or when an ill or injured cat will be brought in as a rescue call.  We'd work with local caretakers of feral colonies to assist them with their cats' medical and other needs. We'd also work with shelters that have high kill percentages to take cats from them after we have adopted any out and have space available.

I'd need a large staff of employees and volunteers. The volunteers would be used mainly to socialize with the cats to help get them adopted quicker. We'd also utilize some of them, along with employees, my assistant and myself to go around to schools, resident groups and local government officials to help educate them about feral cats and why they are not nuisances, deserve to be treated kindly and why TNR programs are so important not just for the cats but for the community in general.

It would be a crazy, insanely busy, outrageously expensive life but at the same time it would also be a priceless one.

Can you tell I've been thinking about this for a long time??

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I would also buy a huge piece of property and open a cat sanctuary. We'd have of course, the large main house that would be set up with a huge playroom for my babies. There would be walkways and perches all over the place and a very large, fully equipped catio in the back. In my personal home there would probably be about 10 or so cats. More than likely it would be the or so. 

Then we would have the shelter/sanctuary itself which would be a huge building that would be set up as close to a home environment as possible with a smaller building set up especially for kitties with special needs. We'd have a medical building with a vet and some techs on hand 24/7 with the staff rotating in and out every 8 hours.You never know when a cat will get sick or when an ill or injured cat will be brought in as a rescue call.  We'd work with local caretakers of feral colonies to assist them with their cats' medical and other needs. We'd also work with shelters that have high kill percentages to take cats from them after we have adopted any out and have space available.

I'd need a large staff of employees and volunteers. The volunteers would be used mainly to socialize with the cats to help get them adopted quicker. We'd also utilize some of them, along with employees, my assistant and myself to go around to schools, resident groups and local government officials to help educate them about feral cats and why they are not nuisances, deserve to be treated kindly and why TNR programs are so important not just for the cats but for the community in general.

It would be a crazy, insanely busy, outrageously expensive life but at the same time it would also be a priceless one.

Can you tell I've been thinking about this for a long time??
I would do this as well, if I won the lottery. I'd take all the cats that nobody wants. I live with fourteen cats that nobody wants right now and they make the very nicest cats, I think.

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 Well, I'd buy a really big property and have strays live there instead of the outdoors, I'd give lots of money to cats in need, etc. Basically, anything I could do to save cats and give them homes/better homes. 

But cats I'd own, probably around 3 or 4. Not too much to take care of, not too little cats!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would personally have 2 cats.  If I were a billionaire I would build several no kill cat shelters and hire staff to care for them until they could find a forever home.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I often thought if I were rich I would love to sponsor college students. In exchange for housing each students would foster 2 cats or 2 dogs.I would like to buy some land out here and have various small homes built on it where the students could live. Of course I would live on the land myself. I would so love to do that . I would also like to use some of the land as a sanctuary for various animals ala Best Friends in Utah. I would probably go to Best Friends first and take there courses in how to open and run a sanctuary.Ah that would be so incredible.

angelamariebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the best post ever. With unlimited resources I would definitely open a cat sanctuary. All of these ideas and dreams are awesome.