How long until your cat tries something new?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Louise is so territorial she hates any living thing invading her space except little toy lifelike mice she can bat around, torment and leave for me as presents in the places I frequent throughout the house.
In case you forget how to hunt the mice, Louise will do it for you. šŸ¤£

Have you tried any electronic toys for her?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those have always been the least favorite of our furmily. They prefer toys that most resemble prey -- soft catnip toys and wand-and-lure interactive toys. They love the interaction, too. Hard plastic toys? MEH, bigtime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those have always been the least favorite of our furmily. They prefer toys that most resemble prey -- soft catnip toys and wand-and-lure interactive toys. They love the interaction, too. Hard plastic toys? MEH, bigtime.
Magnus is very eco friendly. He will only play with very expensive, fully biodegradable toys šŸ¤£ real fur/wool or bust.

So I've recently taken up felting.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She is afraid,afraid, afraid. Call her a real scaredy cat. I got her a water fountain, battery run 'catch the mouse' toy, battery run mouse on wheels, balls that roll and make nature sounds ,wands(not electronic)....kickers, and many more that ended up being given to a shelter because she would run away from them all. She is even afraid of prints on cloth until after a while she sees they don't move and aren't out to get her. As I said in another post..I would love to know her history and why she is so afraid of even boxes, bags and has to see all around her even when eating.
Her favorite 'electric' thing is her very own Kindle to watch Cat TV..especially the bunnies and mice. I say "wanna watch Cat TV?" and she runs to hop up on the bed and is ready for entertainment! But that's about it.
Her favorite activity is playing a game of grab the yarn with me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is afraid,afraid, afraid. Call her a real scaredy cat. I got her a water fountain, battery run 'catch the mouse' toy, battery run mouse on wheels, balls that roll and make nature sounds ,wands(not electronic)....kickers, and many more that ended up being given to a shelter because she would run away from them all. She is even afraid of prints on cloth until after a while she sees they don't move and aren't out to get her. As I said in another post..I would love to know her history and why she is so afraid of even boxes, bags and has to see all around her even when eating.
Her favorite 'electric' thing is her very own Kindle to watch Cat TV..especially the bunnies and mice. I say "wanna watch Cat TV?" and she runs to hop up on the bed and is ready for entertainment! But that's about it.
Her favorite activity is playing a game of grab the yarn with me.
I wonder about people who make these plastic, battery-operated toys. They aren't thinking like cats, or about what cats like in their natural habitats. My ex brought home all these plastic/battery operated toys. They were investigated and promptly ignored. I would, too.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter said she was 8.(last August) when I took her for her first wellness exam, the vet said that no way was she less than 10 to 12.. I really believe the shelter said she was that lower age because they get more money for animals that are under 10 yrs old.
She also had several health issues that they don't tell the people about, but say that after making the monetary transaction ,get an exam and if there are problems , then the animal can be returned. NOW WHO HAS THE HEART TO DO THAT TO A PET THAT WAS ORPHANED?!
But not only do they change as they age. Kitty Memoir, but they are $$$$$ in so many ways!
Most cats do have health issues in later life, and rescues have had more stressful lives especially if they were outdoors. Hereditary causes play a large role too. It is not all diet etc. That is sad they would lie about her age if they knew she was older etc.