How long to wait for a bath post spay?

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have an almost 7 month old Persian that got spayed exactly 3 weeks ago. I have pretty severe cat allergies, but love cats, and did a ton of research before adopting a cat -- finding that it would be best to get a cat that needed baths anyway. Now, the past few days my allergies have been flaring up a bit. I've not expierenced this since I got her though, so that might not only be because I haven't bathed her; it can also be because it's almost spring. She's also started to shed her kitten coat (or, same thing, because of spring) and it's just all really bugging my allergies, despite my meds.

But I'm just not very eager to bathe her this shortly after spay. Everything has gone perfectly, her hair is growing in again, and you can barely see a scar from the spay. But I don't want to, kind of, "soften" up the tissue so it might open up or anything. Anyone have any expierence with this? How long should I wait?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Washing her at this point is fine.  It sounds like she's healed up very nicely so there should be no problem.  Hope that helps with the allergies - they're no fun, that's for sure!