How long to keep cat in bathroom after carpet clean?

Serenityinaz12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m having trouble finding info online I saw that for dogs they recommend 3 hours to let it dry. I live in an apartment and they had professional cleaners come and do a carpet clean. They sprayed some solution in the carpet then used the big hose and vacuum thing to clean it. Anyone have any thoughts or know how long I should wait?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, does the carpet still have the fragrance from their cleaning method? Is it dry?

If no to the fragrance and yes it is dry, do one more vacuum and you can let your cat out. I steamclean with my own machine as well as using professional cleaners. You could double check with the apartment owners and find out if the cleaners use pet safe products.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering the same. Someday, when I come into some surprise money; I need to get the carpets professionally cleaned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Serenityinaz12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, does the carpet still have the fragrance from their cleaning method? Is it dry?

If no to the fragrance and yes it is dry, do one more vacuum and you can let your cat out. I steamclean with my own machine as well as using professional cleaners. You could double check with the apartment owners and find out if the cleaners use pet safe products.
smell seems to be gone and almost dry. I’ll do the vacuum in an hour and let him out thanks.