How Long Should Kitty Keep Her E Collar On? Day 3 Of Spay!

kittyemojis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its been 3 days and it kind of weighs her down. Or at least I think so? She’s 8 months, 5 pounds. Not sure if her head hangs a bit low because she’s angry or it’s the collar itself. How long does it take stitches to dissolve? The whole two weeks??

Or when is it healed to the point licking and such won’t danger the incision anymore?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy looking around. How long the collar stays on really depends on your cat
One of mind didnt have a collar at all whilst the other had to wear it for the whole two weeks.
You could take the collar off to give her a break but only under close supervision. If she starts to bother the wound put it straight back on and always leave it on overnight. I would imagine it will take the full two weeks for the stitches to desolve. The wound looks clean and healing well.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet give instructions for how long to leave the ecollar on? If not, I would contact them and ask.
None of our 5 girls were given one of those when they were spayed. They were younger though, don't know if that makes a difference.
Poor little thing. I'm sure it's no fun wearing that collar, but I promise she will forgive you!:)

MonkeyGingy2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten did not need a collar at all. I put her in a spay suit on the first day but she was annoyed so took it off and she has not touched it at all and is now healed and getting her fuzzy belly back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyemojis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten did not need a collar at all. I put her in a spay suit on the first day but she was annoyed so took it off and she has not touched it at all and is now healed and getting her fuzzy belly back.
Wish mine wouldn’t bother hers :’0 she gets to licking not even 5 minutes after I take it off every now and then, so I have to stop her and pt the collar back on :’( My Mom ordered a soft e collar on her own for kitty though, hopefully it keeps her from reaching the incision!