How long for fur to regrow?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the nice comments. Marvin is so special to me, so I love sharing his pictures.

His fur is kind of shaggy now. Do you think he will have kind of a medium length hair?

Some friends are saying he looks kind of like a Maine Coon (mix, obviously).

What do you think?

Thanks again.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
He's growing in to a real stunner!  Very very handsome young boy.  Look at that tiny little mite that you nursed back to health and what he's grown in to!  Thank you so much for taking in this little kitty, giving him a chance in life and bringing him back to health.

I'm not so sure about a look of Maine Coon but Siberian minus the barrel chest or a Norwegian Forrest look maybe?  There's a genetic link to all cats somewhere and unlikely he's close to these breeds but his fur is turning in to something special, and the shape and expression of his  face is wonderful.  Definitely the look of a tiger in that face.  Looks like there's plenty more growth to come going by the look of those paws!  

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

He's growing in to a real stunner!  Very very handsome young boy.  Look at that tiny little mite that you nursed back to health and what he's grown in to!  Thank you so much for taking in this little kitty, giving him a chance in life and bringing him back to health.

I'm not so sure about a look of Maine Coon but Siberian minus the barrel chest or a Norwegian Forrest look maybe?  There's a genetic link to all cats somewhere and unlikely he's close to these breeds but his fur is turning in to something special, and the shape and expression of his  face is wonderful.  Definitely the look of a tiger in that face.  Looks like there's plenty more growth to come going by the look of those paws!  
Thank you! Marvin picked me.
And I'm glad he did. He's opened me up to the world of cats, and of course, he's so sweet.

I'll have to look up the breeds you mentioned. It's no biggie, nonetheless. All my pets are rescued mutts.
Can't wait to see how Marvin matures.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lf he had the ear tufts and you told me he was a registered Maine Coon, l would have believed you. He's beautiful 

l love that his toes are all individually coloured!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

lf he had the ear tufts and you told me he was a registered Maine Coon, l would have believed you. He's beautiful 

l love that his toes are all individually coloured!
I know, those paws are just 
 aren't they!

It's the size of the paw and whiskers..... so looking forward to seeing him in his fully grown glory.

gothickitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a cat Shy-Shy that I found on the side of the road along with her brother Midnight as kittens. Thankfully they were old enough to eat regular kitten food.  At first Shy-Shy was fine but then she got psoriasis really bad so when she'd get a flare up she'd pull out nearly all of her fur except on her feet and head. Normally once she'd get a cortizone shot within a month she'd return to her fluffy glory. I always hated her summer flare ups because they'd happen before she could get her next shot so I'd have to bath her with T-Gel as per the vet's recommendation. Here is a picture of her during her good periods:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  What a splendid long haired boy your little kit has grown in to!  Well he looks like a little baby in the photo from last night but that is understandable. Who would believe he was that tiny little kitten who was the runt of his litter and had so many problems.  He is gorgeous, very special.   What a wonderful thing you did when you recued him.   You must have been meant for each other.  

Thank you for the update, it is lovely to see him.  

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

What a splendid long haired boy your little kit has grown in to!  Well he looks like a little baby in the photo from last night but that is understandable. Who would believe he was that tiny little kitten who was the runt of his litter and had so many problems.  He is gorgeous, very special.   What a wonderful thing you did when you recued him.   You must have been meant for each other.  

Thank you for the update, it is lovely to see him.  
Thank you! I do think we were meant for each other too.

I have never loved a cat so much. He loves to cuddle every night before he goes to sleep.

I am having him microchipped Saturday, and it will be the first cat I've ever had done!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
He's certainly got the fur for cuddling, it would be a real waste if he didn't let you snuggle in on a regular basis. 

Mouse is chipped even though he's an indoor cat.  I never had any of mine done before either.

reggie2011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our American Shorthair named Reggie had to have his neck and shoulders shaved after he had a bad allergic reaction to some flea medicine. His fur took several months to grow back and every now it is very easy to spot which spots were shaved becuase the fur is much darker than the rest of his coat. 

willowlondon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah my cat Squish was spayed in August (on her flank) and the fur has grown back but is such a dark patch :( I hope it will blend back in eventually! It definitely takes a lot longer than you would imagine especially as they moult at a rate of knots you would think hair an inch or so long would grow back quickly!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Kagen, Marvin is absolutely stunning. 
  I would never have believed this was the same cat that you brought to show us just 7 months ago, looking like a poorly little scrap after loosing so much of his fur.  He looks so handsome, and so serene in these pictures, you are an incredible cat parent enabling Marvin to have such a healthy life now.

I particularly like your photograph of Marvin with his little fishy friends!