How long does your lap stay empty?

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious- I noticed that as soon as I sit down or lay down, at least one cat gets on my lap or chest. If One cat leaves, another cat immediately steps in.

For example, Buddy was on my lap this am. Heidi, another cat, got up on the bed next to my legs and watched me and Buddy. After a few minutes, Buddy got up to leave. As he started leaving, Heidi started toward my lap. My lap was empty barely one second before Heidi laid down!

Now Buddy came back and is laying on my chest under my chin while Heidi relaxes on my lap. Does this happen to you too? I'd love to hear more!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! At times. At night, every time my husband and I sit down and put the recliner up, Casper goes to his lap and Burt goes to mine. They are VERY insistent too,pushing their way to just the right spot. Then, other nights, neither one of them want anything to do with us. Casper always sleeps with us, Burt prefers his heated bed. I think it largely depends how cold it is, they are like heat seeking missiles when it comes to warmth!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neither of mine are lap cats either.  Cocoa doesn't mind being picked up and hugged but won't solicit on her own.

Casper, can tolerate only a few moments of being in your arms.  

Both are incredibly lovey, but in other ways.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shadow demands my lap every now and then, but is quite happy to be next to me instead of on me. Asha's a different story...almost every time I sit down I have a lap full of cat...even if I'm kneeling down cleaning her litter box! If she's not on top of me she's snuggled next to me :D

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
All of our cats are lap cats, except for Tabby. She watches the other cats and she seems very intrigued with the idea of laying on us, but she hasn't done so.

As soon as we hit the couch, the cats land on us. Seriously, it's that quick.

stacycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 9 cats right now, 4 I got this evening I plan to get vaccinated, S/N and give to good homes, no matter how long it takes.
Chispa...is my 3 yr old and is very affectionate but would much rather be petted and tummy rubbed than sit on anyone's lap.
Kaya... will sit on a lap all day and sometimes I put off things like eating or going to the restroom till the last minute so as not to disturb her.
Hazy...is only about 4 months old and she's way too snobby to sit with anyone. But occasionally enjoys a good petting.
Salem... I adopted last night, she's 9 months old and is very pushy and a huge (literally huge) love bug.
Siri...is one of the rescues I picked up tonight, a Siamese mix and very cuddly as well.
The rest are taking a bit longer to adjust but I can already tell they will be very loveable since when I force attention on them they purr like crazy and head butt me

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As soon as I get a jacket or blanket to cover up and lay on the couch  Bella  has to take her place. She loves to lay on my  hip  when I sleep.

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mr. McGoofy only lays on my lap when I have a blanket on it. he sleeps next to me in bed. He won't lay on my husband's lap. when I recline he will get comfortable. on me and we will fall asleep together. he keeps me warm the heat gets turned down at night.