How Long Does Hair Take To Grow Back?

Dany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted my first cat ever on Wednesday (the gorgeous tabby in my profile pic), and she had apparently been at the shelter for 1 month before I adopted her. Her belly is shaved because she was spayed by the shelter's vet clinic upon arrival, and I was wondering how long it would take for a shorthaired cat like her to grow her fur back after being fully shaved for surgery?
Thank you!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My experience is that it takes about 4 months for the fur yo grow back entirely. It will start filling in so it's not very noticeable in 2-4 weeks depending on the cat.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten was spayed at 4 months old on Feb 1. Her fur has grown back. Seemed like nothing was growing for about 6 weeks, then "poof", furry belly again.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Tommy had his arms shaved in February when he was sick and it's really subtle. Not 100% grown back but you couldn't tell anymore just by glancing at him.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My boys that were neutered looked like chimpanzees with naked butts for at LEAST six weeks, and their hair is still shorter in that area three months later. This did not used to be the case, so I am convinced that it has to do with how close a blade your vet uses to shave them for surgery. My spay/neuter vet obviously got a new set of clippers

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie was spayed at 4 nearly 5 months and her fur is back but still a fraction shorter than rest of fur . She is nearly 8 months