How Long Do Bladder Spasms Last ?

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My furbaby Bradley has been home since Saturday afternoon. He has been doing okay for the most part. Eating and drinking more. My question is how long do bladder spasms tend to last after a cath removal? He still is having small accidents outside the box.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know, but i think this is a question you will want to ask your vet. He may need to go back in for a follow up check. Keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He goes back next Friday night for a re check. Seems like the spasms are less. He is still having small accidents here and there. But he also hasnt had his whole dose of medicine as he hates taking it.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do hate taking medicine, but it is very important that he takes it all. I am glad he seems to be better, and that he has a follow up visit coming up. Hopefully all is well, do keep us updated on how he does.

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today he has been doing okay. My mom has been babysitting him. He had a little accident this morning on the pilow and is still straining a little bit. But he is eating more and starting to act like himself.

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a pretty boy! I hope he is all better soon. If the accidents and the straining continue i would be sure and touch base with the vet. he may need a follow up sooner than next Friday?

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well good new tonight! Bradley came out for a visit from our room. Although he and his sister are getting used to each other again it's a step in the right direction. He also ate some dinner and sat in his cat house. While sitting in the living room, he didn't run back and fourth to the potty and no straining hardly during potty breaks.

Attachments