How long can organs stay refrigerated?

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So my mom bought a small turkey yesterday. I asked her if the organs were seasoned in any way and she said no. She only buys clean organic meat and after unwrapping the organs, they looked really fresh. I gave Finny a few pieces of the heart and he seemed to love it. He didn't seem interested in the liver. He eats enough of that in his canned food, anyway. I'll try the gizzard on him next, but I'm just wondering how long can I keep the organs in the fridge or should I freeze them? I only give him a few pieces as a treat at a time so it'll last for maybe two or three days. I feel like freezing might keep them fresh longer, but it would be a pain to constantly freeze-defrost every day.

:thanks:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a couple of days in the fridge. I would freeze them if you’re planning on feeding them later. You can wrap them individually in seran wrap or put them between cookie sheets. Put one out in the fridge in the morning that you want to feed to defrost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a couple of days in the fridge. I would freeze them if you’re planning on feeding them later. You can wrap them individually in seran wrap or put them between cookie sheets. Put one out in the fridge in the morning that you want to feed to defrost.
Okay, thanks! I'll do that.